Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thurston's First 'Bike' Ride!!!

For those of you who don't know, my husband has long had a fascination with all things 'off road'! He hasn't had access to anything in years, though. Recently he has been working really hard, and given his dedication to our family, he really has no time to himself or any outlet just for him. He's wanted to get a dirt bike for as long as I have known him, but the timing hasn't been really good for us. However, being the 'craig's-list-er' that I am, I was confident that given our determination, and lack of pride when it concerns bartering, that we could eventually make something work out. And we did! Marc eventually struck up a deal with a guy who had an 'oldie but goodie' bike that has proven to be worth every bit of our effort. And finally my husband has his own little outlet. Its been a great stress reliever for him and I'm so happy he has something just for him after all he does for us!

So the other night he took Thurston on his first ride. As timid as he tends to be I was really surprised by how well he took to the idea, and the experience! He LOVED it! Just look at the before and after pictures! We've got another future off roading maniac on our hands!!! :)








4 comments:

Dupree Family said...

Haha that is sooo funny! I can't show Josh this or else he'll come home with one too!

Lori Nichols said...

Haha! I'll have Marc bring it over whenever we schedule 'lake day' and they can have some big boy time playing around with it! Don't you have four wheelers? He's needing a riding buddy now!

Mandy said...

Awwwww. . .how sweet! I bet Marc loved riding with his little boy. I hope Chad is able to have a son one of these days!

Dupree Family said...

Haha, we did HAVE a 4 wheeler but it got wrecked....you see that's the problem on why we cannot have toys like that! Maybe one day! And yes we do need to plan lake day!!